Friday, December 01, 2006

Curiosity killed the cat...

The future of speech and language therapy

As i sat in the living room last night, trying to get some reading done, i became aware of a noise as if people were jumping up and down on the floor somewhere above me. I chose to ignore it, determined to finish reading the article on cochlear implants. After about 15 seconds the noise stopped and i continued with my work. Then a few moments later the noise started again and this time i could hear laughter (don't worry i'm not imagining things and hearing voices...well no more than usual). I tried to keep my resolve not to be disturbed from my work but this time curiosity got the better of me and i abandoned my work and went to investigate.

...but satisfaction brought it back.

I started to climb the stairs up to the first floor but i saw nothing to explain the noise so i turned the corner and looked up the second flight of steps and saw Laura jumping and dancing around on the landing between her and siobhan's rooms. I could faintly hear music drifting from Laura's room. I asked her what was going on but i received no reply then the song hit the chorus, Laura jumped down into a crouch and Gemma and Shiv emerged from the rooms to either side of her, jazz hands out and then they jumped back out of sight. The dancing/jumping continued and the girls continued to emerge from the rooms on the chorus, big grins on their faces. This went on for awhile and Rachel attempted to take a photo but they would not stay still long enough.

1 comment:

esther said...

it's like the rc when we danced to cat stevens...

le sigh.

those were good times.