Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On the tip of my fingers...

Scrabbling in my mind for the words that refuse to come. On the tip of my tongue to the tips of my fingers. Is this a picture of my life at the moment, grasping for dreams that slip away just beyond my reach like the winning words in a game of scrabble. I ponder over which direction to take. Which tile and space on the board will bring me the greatest reward? After I make my move is it too late? My words are laid and that turn will never be played again.

Sometimes the words remain infuriatingly on the tip of my tongue and sometimes they slip off too easily and can never be unsaid.

Esther is right to say words are amazing. The right words, the wrong words. How they can change our lives. The words we use in an interview, the words we use in a moment of anger or tiredness, the words which bring a smile to a stranger's face.

The tiles cannot be unplayed, the words will not be unsaid. But sometimes when all seems lost, our next words can change this game we're playing.

1 comment:

esther said...

SCRABBLE IS THE MEANING OF LIFE!